- Plan Your Visit
- About Us
- Special Programs
- Academy of the Sword
- Collection Highlights
- Collection Database
- Virtual Armory
- Museum Store
- Rent the Museum
Whether planning a field trip to Higgins or preparing for a visit from our Outreach Programs, the following resources answer the most commonly asked questions we receive from students and educators alike. Please feel free to download all of the materials for use in your classroom. If you have any further questions or would like suggestions for further research, please feel free to contact our Education Department at 508-853-6015 ext. 20 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Curriculum Alignment
These documents can help you prepare for whatever standards you need to address.
- National History Standards (139KB PDF)
- National Visual Arts Standards (137KB PDF)
- Connecticut (158KB PDF)
- Maine (141KB PDF)
- Massachusetts (151KB PDF)
- New York (145KB PDF)
- New Hampshire (139KB PDF)
- Rhode Island (153KB PDF)
- Vermont (181KB PDF)
These materials provide valuable information and guidance that is relevant to a wide variety of study areas.
- Common Questions about Arms and Armor (96KB PDF)
- Armor Decoration (88KB PDF)
- A Knight's Suit (51KB PDF)
- Types of Armor (107KB PDF)
- Women and Armor (85KB PDF)
- The Code of Chivalry (69KB PDF)
- Recommended Reading (269KB PDF)
- Viking Reading List (115KB PDF)
Pre- and Post-Visit Curriculum Packet
This packet contains five creative lesson plans designed to help prepare students for their visit to the Higgins Armory Museum, and to follow their visit with further enrichment activities. Each lesson includes background information, objectives, clear steps for implementation, an assessment checklist, a vocabulary list and a materials list. Each lesson also outlines the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks it meets in the areas of History and Social Studies, English Language Arts, and Visual Arts.
- Download our Pre- and Post-Visit Curriculum (292 KB PDF)
If you've booked a role-playing workshop, these pre- and post- visit curriculum packets can help ready your students for the workshop.